We all love candles. Who would suspect our love of burning candles for long periods could be the cause for some of those weird symptoms your pet may be displaying. Here are a few things to look out for if you burn candles or wax melts frequently!
Even if your cat or dog doesn’t have respiratory issues, keep an eye out for the following symptoms that may indicate your pet has a specific sensitivity to candles:
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Skin redness or rashes
- Respiratory distress (labored breathing, fast breathing, panting, coughing, or wheezing)
If you love candles and just can’t give them up then here are some things to try
USE ORGANIC WAX: There are a lot of better options for candles than those made of paraffin wax. Opt for organic wax candles, such as candles that are made from coconut, beeswax or vegetable wax. These candles are slightly more expensive but not only are these candles better for you and your pet, they’re better for the environment! Bougee Girl candles are totally organic! We use pure Beeswax and Pure Coconut wax.
AVOID OVERPOWERING SCENTS: Bougee girl candles use just the right amount of natural scents. No harmful chemicals are ever add for any reason! Most store bought candles use all kinds of chemicals to increase the scent! Our scents are never over powering. Perfect for any size room!